There are genres that I am willing to beta read and ones that I wouldn't enjoy reading.
Here are the genres I enjoy reading:
- Women's Fiction
- Chick Lit
Adding onto what I've written above, here are some sub-categories that I'm particularly interested in reading:
- Crime: Books set in Britain
- Thrillers: Legal, Spy/government agents
- Mystery: Cozy
- Fantasy: Urban
- Paranormal: I particularly enjoy reading about witches, usually in the mystery sub-category, with a cozy feel to it. Other paranormal creatures I don't mind reading about is vampires and werewolves.
- Historical: WW2 era, 1920's - 1950's eras - particularly British and American culture/life during these eras.
- Romance: more along the lines of Nicholas Sparks and Danielle Steel.
With that out the way, here are the genres I don't read:
- Non Fiction
- Science Fiction
- Young Adult
- Dystopian (I prefer the current world as it is - even as it is slowly going down the drain. Dystopian - completely down the drain - sometimes feels a bit depressing for me)
- New Adult (exception: unless there aren't graphic, erotic sex scenes or not a lot of sex scenes in it)
Please note that I am only accepting beta reading requests from published authors at this point in time. I will not be charging you a fee to beta read your book. If you're a published author who writes in any of the genres I've mentioned on the left, please fill in the beta reading form below. If there's a genre you write that isn't on either of the lists - feel free to reach out to me on social media to find out if I might not want to read the genre/book. Before you fill in the beta reading request form, please also check on the left if I'm available for the month you would like me to beta read in.